To Fix It or To Replace It, that is the Real Roofing Question
Whether doing a roof repair or a full roof replacement, the repair cost can get expensive. Here are seven danger signs:
- A leak in the attic
- Blistering or peeling interior or exterior paint
- Stains on interior ceilings and walls; mold or mildew growth
- Exterior decay, sheathing, and/or siding
- Missing, cracked, or curled shingles
- Dark, “dirty-looking” areas on your roof
- Excessive energy costs
If time and exposure have taken a toll on your roof, and you have some of these danger signs, or your roof is over 25 years old, you may be contemplating repair or replacement.
Contact G&R Roofing, we will come do a free estimate on costs of repair and offer our professional expertise for which route would be best for you, in the short-term versus the long-term.
Here is a brief breakdown of what we look for and what factors into our roof repair or roof replacement recommendations:
- We walk the entire roof checking flashing details, chimneys, and pipe jackstoidentify weak spots in the sheathing. We look at granular loss and check out the ventilation situation. If the scenario isn’t too bad, repair is a viable option whereas replacement isn’t necessary at that stage.
- Evaluate the long-term cost of repair versus replacement. Time is relative, so roof replacement being needed “soon” needs to be clearly stated, so that you as the consumer can make the best financial investment for your home and family. If our evaluation results show that a repair today, will still mean a roof replacement in the next five years, we are going to fully break down the pros and cons of repair today replace later, versus replacement now, with a speculation on market cost fluctuation. Sometimes repair is the best short term decision, and sometimes repair after repair ends up costing you time, money, and a lot of stress, so we want to give you as much information up front for all scenarios to help you decide.
We want you to know that we care about you, your home, and your family, so we take as much time as needed to answer all concerns, paint all scenarios, and assist with research where needed, for you to have the trust and confidence in the decision you make, whether it is to fix it or replace it. For all your roofing questions, we have the answers.